Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Restore Your Dvd/cdrom Drive Easy...

For some strange reason, Win7 couldn't detect my DVD burner...
...each time I inserted a DVD into the drive and opened MyComputer
all I saw was "CD-rom drive".
I right clicked the icon to open the drive, and got error message #39
"Driver is missing or corrupted".

I tried a universal Driver pack, but it didn't work :cry: ...so I tried another idea
while my DVD burner was still physically installed inside my machine...

I found an easier way to restore my DVD burner driver, and it worked:

1) run Device Manager...
2) click on DVD/CD-ROM Drive...
3) right-click "Uninstall" to uninstall the device from your system...
4) close the Device Manager...
5) re-start your computer...
6) after Windows is re-started it will detect the DVD/CD-ROM drive as a new device
and automatically install driver for it...
7) wait for the driver to finish successful installation.

BOOM! my DVD burner is working again! :rock:

If you are experiencing the same problem, try this easy solution to
restore your DVD/CDrom driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment